Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dear Aunt Gertie

I have a wonderful older Aunt Gertie on mom's Side. She is a country girl through and through ...She is in her 90's now and tells wonderful stories about life on the farm. For years she wrote letters to the  local paper as Gertie, your "Country Cousin". As kids we would visit the farm. It was always an adventure, open spaces, the horses and cows.... and itching for days because of my allergies to hay! . . .But playing in the barn was worth it.... Recently she wrote mom about an old story of raising a runt pig as a young girl. So I thought I would do a sketch to thank her for the Story.... I hope she likes it.... will give an update when I can. Everyone should have an Aunt Gertie "Country Cousin"!!!



3 comments:

  1. Everyone should have a nephew like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't that the truth! he he. . . Ethan says hello, and wonders when we See You again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, Ethan and Natalie! Not sure. :(

    ReplyDelete