Saturday, July 20, 2013

Page, 1 Cosmo's Apples

Here the kids meet Cosmo coming out to the woods inhabited by a scary Troll....
and Lady Ellis who warns all the children of the dangers in the woods...
Please come back next Monday for page 2!
I jumped straight into thumbnails in Magna studio without a clear idea of the story.
I was more concerned with the sketches and thought I would figure out the dialog later and just fill it in. Unfortunately this would be a big problem...and resulted in rewriting and story line changes, throwing away sketches. This sounds like a basic process issue but it is hard to recognize until I have more experience.  I added a whole intro panel on top, as well as the kids in the middle before Lady Elllis tells her story.  I will refine the stages of development and hopefully improve my workflow, not skipping ahead and missing key refinement steps. Next time I hope to spend time with plotting out the whole story first.  This sounds so basic, don't get ahead of yourself. I would save the bottom panel for later in the story .....

No comments:

Post a Comment