Monday, February 3, 2014

Art Parent 2014 January

Art Parent
     I went to visit the 2nd and 4th grade for "Art Parent" this month.  We started with a poster showing various places a character may live.  I asked the kids to pick a "place" from below and sketch the character that lives there and tell me why they feel this character belongs there.  
     We had mixed results ....some of my sketches done in class are below.  Some kids made a scene around the place and did not focus on the character.  But most seemed to like the idea of creating a creature to live in one of these environments.  The teachers may try to turn this into a writing exercise, which was an added benefit.  They let me experiment with different assignments,  I go in again at the end of Feb. so I need a follow up to this by then.  More later




No comments:

Post a Comment