Thursday, April 17, 2014

Full Mini Comic Day 2014

Went to a Mini Comic day in Ann Arbor with Lorene and the kids....
The task was to come up with a 8 page short story and sketch it out quickly in just a few hours.  I didn't make them stay for the entire time...just to help with the initial concepts....
Natalie had some ideas, but Ethan had a little trouble....so I sketched the sketching ...the process.
This is the result.  These comics are fun, but they are also making me think more about the whole writing process, plus the value of getting something done fast even if it is not "perfect".  I can't tell you how often this has helped in my day job...sketching not just how something looks, while in a meeting, but sketching the scene that puts product or ideas in context.  Plus its just fun....

Still trying to figure out more ways to engage the kids in the classroom...I go in next month for another session....keep sketching!









No comments:

Post a Comment